Live · Global · Independent
Live Feeds
PinkVilla
Forbes
NDTV
Hindustan Times
Janhvi Kapoor’s Ulajh co-star Adil Hussain admits not having guts to talk about Sridevi with her: ‘Can’t imagine the pain…’
onmynews.com

Janhvi Kapoor’s Ulajh co-star Adil Hussain admits not having guts to talk about Sridevi with her: ‘Can’t imagine the pain…’

Janhvi Kapoor and Adil Hussain recently shared the screen in Ulajh, a movie that has received rave reviews from both fans and critics. Hussain, who had previously worked with Janhvi’s late mother, Sridevi, has now shared his experience of being on set with Janhvi and reminiscing about her mother. 

In an interview with News18 in Showsha, Adil shared fond memories of working with the late Sridevi and spoke of how effortlessly Janhvi imagined him as her father, drawing on the reel connection he had with her late mother.

On being asked if they spoke about the late actress, Adil said, “It’s hard for me to bring her up. My heart aches; I can’t even digest or understand that she’s not there. I can’t even imagine the pain Janhvi probably still feels.”

Adil Hussain mentioned that his mother had recently passed away at the age of 95, and because of this, he didn’t feel comfortable bringing up the topic of losing a young mother. Instead, he and Janhvi spoke about their previous encounter on the set of English Vinglish.

When asked if star kids have an easier time in the world of showbiz, Adil Hussain explained that while there may be some initial advantages due to their familiarity with the industry, it also comes with a significant burden. He mentioned that although it might be somewhat easier for them at the beginning compared to those who come from the fringes, they still have to prove themselves.

Adil emphasized that talent and authenticity cannot be faked, as the camera captures every detail, revealing a person’s vulnerability, fear, and capability. He noted that if someone like Janhvi Kapoor is successful and loved by people, it is because she possesses the qualities to be appreciated.

Adil, who portrays Janhvi’s father in the film, spoke highly of her, expressing that it was a pleasure and a joy to work with her. He described their on-screen relationship as warm, cordial, and affectionate, saying that he didn’t have to pretend to be her father—it felt natural. Adil added that the experience was beautiful and thanked the director, Sudhanshu Saria, for allowing him to play the role.

ALSO READ: Priyanka Chopra admits she is slightly ‘biased’ as she showers love on hubby Nick Jonas for The Good Half; ‘You are phenomenal’

Read full article
Middle East Alert For Indians As Iran-Israel Tensions Escalate
onmynews.com

Middle East Alert For Indians As Iran-Israel Tensions Escalate

Tensions have escalated in the Middle East after Iran and the groups it supports vowed revenge for the killing of top Hamas and Hezbollah leaders.

Israel killed Hezbollah commander Fuad Shukr in Beirut on Tuesday, a move it said was a response to deadly rocket fire last week on the annexed Golan Heights.

Hours later, Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh was killed in the Iranian capital, while Hezbollah commander Fouad Shukur died in a strike in Lebanon in quick succession last month.

The killings of Hamas and Hezbollah leaders are the latest of several major incidents that have inflamed regional tensions during the Gaza war which has drawn in Iran-backed groups in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Yemen.

This escalation has prompted India and several other countries to tread with caution in the region.

Indian nationals in Israel have been asked to stay vigilant and adhere to the safety protocols following the escalating tension in the region.

The advisory for the Indian citizens in Israel comes a day after the Indian Embassy in Beirut strongly advised Indian nationals against travelling to Lebanon till further notice. It also advised them to leave Lebanon.

Air India yesterday also suspended its flights to and from Israel’s Tel Aviv with immediate effect till August 8.

US President Joe Biden said late Thursday he was “very concerned” about rising tensions in the region, adding that the killing of Haniyeh had “not helped” the situation.

Sources close to Hezbollah said that Iranian officials met in Tehran on Wednesday with representatives of the so-called “axis of resistance”, a loose alliance of Tehran-backed groups hostile to Israel, to discuss their next steps.

“Two scenarios were discussed: a simultaneous response from Iran and its allies or a staggered response from each party,” said the source who had been briefed on the meeting, requesting anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

Israel, which said Shukr’s assassination was a response to deadly rocket fire last week on the annexed Golan Heights, warned its adversaries they would “pay a very high price” for any “aggression”.

“Israel is at a very high level of preparation for any scenario, both defensive and offensive,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement.

Read full article
Massive US Deployment In Middle East After Iran Threatens To Attack Israel
onmynews.com

Massive US Deployment In Middle East After Iran Threatens To Attack Israel

The United States will bolster its military presence in the Middle East, deploying additional warships and fighter jets to protect US personnel and defend Israel amid soaring tensions in the region, the Pentagon said Friday.

The announcement comes after Iran and its regional allies vowed retaliation for the killings of a Hamas leader in Tehran and a Hezbollah commander in Beirut, fueling fears of a broader Middle East conflict.

“The Department of Defense continues to take steps to mitigate the possibility of regional escalation by Iran or Iran’s partners and proxies,” deputy Pentagon Press Secretary Sabrina Singh said in a statement.

“Since the horrific Hamas attack on Israel on October 7, the Secretary of Defense has reiterated that the United States will protect our personnel and interests in the region, including our ironclad commitment to the defense of Israel.”

The aircraft carrier strike group led by the USS Abraham Lincoln will replace one helmed by the USS Theodore Roosevelt in the region, Singh said.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has also ordered additional ballistic missile defense-capable cruisers and destroyers to the Middle East and areas under US European Command, as well as a new fighter squadron to the Middle East.

Israel killed Hezbollah commander Fuad Shukr in Beirut on Tuesday, a move it said was a response to deadly rocket fire last week on the annexed Golan Heights.

Hours later, Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh was killed in the Iranian capital — an attack on which Israel has not yet commented.

A source close to Hezbollah told AFP that Iranian officials met in Tehran on Wednesday with representatives of the so-called “axis of resistance,” a loose alliance of Tehran-backed groups hostile to Israel, to discuss their next steps.

“Two scenarios were discussed: a simultaneous response from Iran and its allies or a staggered response from each party,” said the source, who had been briefed on the meeting, requesting anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

In April, Iran carried out its first direct attack on Israeli soil, firing a barrage of drones and missiles after a strike blamed on Israel killed Revolutionary Guards at Tehran’s consulate in Damascus.

American forces helped defend Israel against the attack.

“As we have demonstrated since October and again in April, the United States’ global defense is dynamic and the Department of Defense retains the capability to deploy on short notice to meet evolving national security threats,” Singh said.

“The United States also remains intently focused on de-escalating tensions in the region and pushing for a ceasefire as part of a hostage deal to bring the hostages home and end the war in Gaza.”
 

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

Read full article
Link copied!