Live · Global · Independent
Live Feeds
PinkVilla
Forbes
NDTV
Hindustan Times
Middle East On The Brink Of Israel-Iran War, US Bolsters Forces: 10 Points
onmynews.com

Middle East On The Brink Of Israel-Iran War, US Bolsters Forces: 10 Points

A strike claimed by Israel in an overcrowded residential area of South Beirut has changed the calculus, Iran’s mission to the United Nations said. “We expect… Hezbollah to choose more targets and (strike) deeper in its response,” said the mission quoted by the official IRNA news agency. “Secondly, that it will not limit its response to military targets.” 
The strike on Tuesday killed Hezbollah commander Fuad Shukr. According to Lebanon’s health ministry, five civilians — three women and two children — also died.
Israel said Shukr was responsible for rocket fire that killed 12 youth in the annexed Golan Heights, and had directed Hezbollah’s attacks on Israel since the Gaza war began.
“Hezbollah and the (Israeli) regime had observed certain lines”, including limiting strikes to border areas and military targets, Iran’s mission said. The Beirut strike crossed that line, it added.
Hours after Shukr’s killing, the political leader of Hamas, Ismail Haniyeh, was killed in a pre-dawn “hit” on his accommodation in Tehran, Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said. Israel has declined to comment.
The US will bolster its military presence in the Middle East, deploying additional warships and fighter jets to the region to “mitigate the possibility of regional escalation by Iran” or its proxies, the Pentagon said.
Indian nationals in Israel have been asked to stay vigilant and adhere to the safety protocols following the escalating tension in the region. The advisory for Indian citizens in Israel comes a day after the Indian Embassy in Beirut strongly advised them against travelling to Lebanon till further notice. It also asked them to leave Lebanon.
The leader of Yemen’s Iran-backed Huthi rebels also vowed a “military response” to the killing of Ismail. “There has to be a military response to these crimes, which are shameless and dangerous, and constitute a major escalation by the Israeli enemy,” Abdul Malik al-Huthi said in a televised speech.
The Yemeni rebels have been launching drones and missiles at shipping in the Red Sea since November, saying they are acting in solidarity with Palestinians during the Gaza war.
Fighting between Israel and Hezbollah since October last year has killed at least 542 people on the Lebanese side, most of them fighters but also including 114 civilians, according to a tally by news agency AFP.

With inputs from AFP

Read full article
Ex-Cop Shoots Dead Bureaucrat Son-In-Law Inside Chandigarh Court
onmynews.com

Ex-Cop Shoots Dead Bureaucrat Son-In-Law Inside Chandigarh Court

A bureaucrat was shot dead inside a court in Chandigarh this afternoon allegedly by his father-in-law, a suspended assistant inspector general of the Punjab police. The victim, Harpreet Singh, was an IRS officer (Indian Revenue Service) in the irrigation department.

There was allegedly a domestic dispute going on between the families of the victim and the accused and both the parties had reached the Chandigarh Family Court in connection with the same matter.

A mediation session was underway between both sides when the accused – Malwinder Singh Sidhu – excused himself to use the washroom and his son-in-law offered to show him the way. Both went out of the room. Moments later, five shots were heard.

Out of the five shots that Sidhu fired, two bullets hit Singh who collapsed to the ground.

Videos from inside the court complex showed Singh on the floor with people accompanying him were heard pleading for help.

“He has been shot. Please someone take him to a hospital,” a man was heard saying.

Some lawyers who were at the premises caught the accused, locked him in a room and informed the police.

The police have detained the accused.

Another video showed Singh lying in a pool of blood outside the court as several people flanked him, trying to take him to the hospital.

He died on the way to the hospital.

Read full article
Watch: Supercell tornado sweeps through eastern Spain
onmynews.com

Watch: Supercell tornado sweeps through eastern Spain

There was “no major damage” caused by the tornado, according to the mayor of El Toro. 

​There was “no major damage” caused by the tornado, according to the mayor of El Toro.  

Read full article
Link copied!