Live · Global · Independent
Live Feeds
PinkVilla
Forbes
NDTV
Hindustan Times
‘I Don’t Like Secrets’: Stassi Schroeder Opens Up About Self-Harm Battle And Struggles Of Explaining Scars To Daughter
onmynews.com

‘I Don’t Like Secrets’: Stassi Schroeder Opens Up About Self-Harm Battle And Struggles Of Explaining Scars To Daughter

Stassi Schroeder, mother of two and author of You Can’t Have It All, recently opened up about her battle with self-harm in an interview with Bustle. The reality star revealed her concerns about explaining her scars to her 3-year-old daughter, Hartford, and how motherhood has inspired her to be more open about her past struggles.

Stassi Schroeder Reflects on the Challenge of Explaining Scars to Daughter

Schroeder shared the difficulty she faces when Hartford notices the scars on her body. “When I look at myself naked, Hartford will see a little line, and she’ll be like, ‘Mommy, ouchie.’ I’m like, ‘Oh, God, that feels dirty. How will I ever explain to her that this was something that I chose?'” she said. Schroeder admits she’s unsure of how she’ll navigate this conversation as her daughter grows older, but recognizes the importance of transparency.

Motherhood and the Decision to Open Up About Self-Harm

Becoming a mother, particularly to Hartford, has motivated Schroeder to be honest about her experiences. In her book and during interviews, she emphasizes that keeping such significant aspects of her life a secret doesn’t feel right. “It just feels like it’s been a secret, and I don’t like secrets,” she explained, acknowledging that this openness has been liberating. She hopes her story will encourage others to be more forthcoming about their own struggles.

Schroeder, who shares Hartford and her 11-month-old son Messer Rhys with husband Beau Clark, continues to adjust to the challenges of motherhood. Reflecting on her journey from one child to two, she recently told PEOPLE about the intensity of parenting and how she’s learning to manage it. She describes Hartford as her “mini-me” and sees her daughter as both a reflection of herself and a source of personal growth. “It’s my karma, she’s my karma,” she joked, but added that this connection also gives her the tools to parent with understanding.

ALSO READ: What Is Ariana Madix’s Net Worth in 2024? Exploring The TV Star’s Wealth And Fortune

Read full article
Brij Bhushan’s “Conspiracy” Charge After Vinesh Phogat Joins Congress
onmynews.com

Brij Bhushan’s “Conspiracy” Charge After Vinesh Phogat Joins Congress

Former BJP MP Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh has claimed that Vinesh Phogat joining the Congress and getting a ticket to contest the Haryana Assembly elections is proof that the sexual harassment charges and the wrestlers’ protest were a conspiracy against him by the party. 

The former Wrestling Federation of India chief has also alleged that Ms Phogat violated rules by trying out for two different weight categories for the Olympics on the same day and hinted that her disqualification ahead of the final bout was a “result given by god”.

Vinesh Phogat and Bajrang Punia, who were at the forefront of the wrestlers’ protests against Mr Singh last year, joined the Congress on Friday and, hours later, Ms Phogat was announced as a candidate from the Julana Assembly constituency while Mr Punia has been appointed working president of the All India Kisan Congress.

Speaking to reporters on Saturday, Brij Bhushan Singh said in Hindi, “When the protests began on 18 January, 2023, I had said on day one that it is not a protest by wrestlers and the Congress is behind it. Especially (Congress leader and former Haryana chief minister) Bhupinder Hooda, (his son and MP) Deepender Hooda and Priyanka and Rahul Gandhi. Now that has been proven true.”

“The protest and the conspiracy against me had the involvement of the Congress and it was led by Bhupinder Hooda. I want to tell the people of Haryana that Bhupinder Hooda, Deepender Hooda, Vinesh Phogat and Bajrang Punia did not protest for the respect of the girls… because of this, the daughters of Haryana are having to face shame. The Congress leaders and protesters are responsible for this. They used the daughters and hurt the respect of female wrestlers for political reasons. The script was written by the Congress,” he alleged. 

In the wake of the allegations and the protests, the three-time BJP MP had been denied a ticket for the Lok Sabha polls from his seat of Kaisergant in Uttar Pradesh. His son, Karan Bhushan Singh, was fielded instead and had emerged victorious. 

Insisting that the allegations against him are false and he was not in Delhi on the days on which he was accused of sexually harassing wrestlers, Brij Bhushan Singh said that the court will give its ruling. 

‘Violated Rules’

Ms Phogat had missed out on what would have been at least a silver medal after being disqualified for exceeding the weight limit by 100 grams ahead of the final bout in the 50 kg freestyle wrestling event at the Paris Olympics. She had defeated reigning gold medallist Yui Susaki of Japan on the road to the finals and her disqualification had broken a billion hearts. 

When Mr Singh was asked about this, he pointed out that he had said even earlier that a wrestler cannot give his or her weight for two categories on the same day as per the rules of governing body UWW (United World Wrestling).

“Vinesh Phogat appeared for trials in two weight categories on the same day. She kept the trials on hold for five hours. After losing in the 53 kg category 10-0, she fought in the 50kg category. Shivani Pawar was winning 5-1 but a commotion was created and the referees engaged in dishonesty and declared Ms Phogat the winner, and the result for this was given by God there,” he claimed.

Alleging that Ms Phogat had meted out injustice to wrestlers by doing what she had done at the trials, Mr Singh said that her entry into the Congress would not yield dividends for the party in the Haryana elections. 

‘Dragged On Road’

After joining the Congress on Friday, Ms Phogat had said that when the wrestlers were “dragged on the roads” during the protests, every party had stood with them, except the BJP.

“I want to thank the people of the country for supporting me during my wrestling career and I hope I live up to their expectations. I want to thank the Congress because, as they say, it is only when times are bad that one finds out who is standing with them. When we were dragged on the roads, every party other than the BJP stood with us and understood our pain and our tears… I am very proud to be associated with a party that stands up against misbehaviour and injustice against women,” she had said in Hindi. 

Voting will be held in Haryana for the 90 Assembly seats on October 5 and counting will be done on October 8. 

(With ANI inputs)

Read full article
After Rebellion In BJP, Congress Sees Rumblings Over Haryana Poll List
onmynews.com

After Rebellion In BJP, Congress Sees Rumblings Over Haryana Poll List

The rebellion and discontent faced by the BJP after it released its list of candidates for the Haryana Assembly polls have now come to haunt the Congress, with a senior leader resigning and announcing that he will contest as an Independent a day after the party unveiled its first list.

The Congress’ first list of 32 names included former chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda from Garhi Sampla-Kiloi, new entrant Vinesh Phogat from Julana and state unit chief Udai Bhan from Hodal. Sitting MLA Rajinder Singh Joon was renominated from Bahadurgarh, prompting a rerun of a rebellion that the constituency had seen in 2019 as well.

Senior leader Rajesh Joon met his supporters and announced that he had resigned from all posts in the Congress and would be contesting from the seat as an Independent. 

“The Congress leadership cheated me. I was promised a ticket but the promise was not kept. I will become an MLA by polling double the number of votes that the Congress candidate gets,” Mr Joon said. 

Rajesh Joon and another Congress leader had also rebelled against the party after Rajinder Singh Joon was given the ticket in 2019. They had submitted their nominations from the Bahadurgarh Assembly constituency and had withdrawn them only after Bhupinder Singh Hooda had intervened. 

Buoyed after winning 5 of the 10 Lok Sabha seats in Haryana in the Lok Sabha elections, the Congress will hope that the discontent in the party does not hurt its chances of dislodging the BJP from a Hindi heartland state it has ruled since 2014. The party’s central leadership has also faced pushback after senior leader Rahul Gandhi pushed for a tie-up with the AAP to avoid the division of votes. 

While an in-principle agreement regarding an alliance had been announced on Wednesday, there appears to be a stalemate, with the AAP seeking 10 seats and the Congress willing to give up only five to seven. 

BJP’s Troubles

The BJP has also had to face dissent from its leaders after it released its first list of 67 names on Wednesday.  Energy Minister Ranjit Chautala and MLA Lakshman Napa quit the party after being denied tickets. While Mr Chautala has said he will contest as an Independent, Mr Napa announced that he will join the Congress.

Mr Chautala is the son of Chaudhary Devi Lal Chaudhary, one of Haryana’s tallest leaders, who served as chief minister twice and was also a deputy prime minister.

BJP MLA Shashi Ranjan Parmar had also burst into tears after his name had not featured on the list. 

Voting will take place in all 90 seats in Haryana on October 5 and counting will be held on October 8.

Read full article
Link copied!