Live · Global · Independent
Live Feeds
PinkVilla
Forbes
NDTV
Hindustan Times
Liam Payne’s Body Released For Return To England? Here’s What Report Says
onmynews.com

Liam Payne’s Body Released For Return To England? Here’s What Report Says

Trigger Warning: This article contains mentions of drugs and an individual’s death.

Even after almost a month of Liam Payne’s passing, many people are still grieving, which truly shows the love that they had for the singer. Now, his body, which was in Buenos Aires (where he died), has reportedly been released to his family so that his remains can be repatriated for burial in his native place, United Kingdom.

An unnamed senior cemetery insider in Buenos Aires told Reuters that on November 6, Wednesday, Payne’s body was taken to the British cemetery in the city for its initial leg of the repatriation.

Additionally, it was also reported by People magazine that National Criminal and Correctional Prosecutor’s Office No.14 shared a press release on Thursday that mentioned that Payne’s toxicology results were out and were told to his family.

As per the translated press release from Spanish, the late singer’s body had traces of, “alcohol, cocaine and prescription antidepressants” in the 72 hours before his passing.

It also stated, “This conclusion was reached after the complete toxicology tests on urine, blood, and vitreous humour,” per the aforementioned publication’s report.

Sources previously told ABC News that the singer’s partial autopsy revealed that he had many substances in his body at the time he died. “Pink cocaine” was one of the substances which was reportedly found in his system. The aforementioned substance is a recreational drug— usually a combination of ketamine, methamphetamine, MDMA– and not necessarily cocaine–, per the National Capital Poison Center.

The press release also stated the arrest of three individuals, charged in Argentina in connection to Payne’s passing. One suspect is reportedly an individual who allegedly “accompanied” the One Direction alum daily during his stay in Buenos Aires.

The second suspect is the employee of the hotel who allegedly supplied the singer with cocaine and the third individual was the alleged “drug supplier.”

In the press release, the prosecutors revealed that any kind of self-harm, “and/or physical intervention by third parties were ruled out” as the factors that contributed to his death. 

The forensic doctor reportedly revealed that this death was the result of “multiple trauma” and hemorrhage caused internally and externally because of his fall.

For the unversed, the Strip That Down singer passed away on October 16, 2024, after his fatal fall from the third-floor balcony during his stay at CasaSur Palermo Hotel, Buenos Aires. He was just 31 years old.

If you know someone who is struggling with alcohol or substance abuse, please reach out to the authorities and report it. There are several helplines available for the same. 

ALSO READ: Liam Payne Beyond One Direction: A Look At Late Pop Star’s Top 5 Solo Songs In Wake Of His Demise

Read full article
Aligarh Muslim University A Minority Institution? Supreme Court’s Key 4:3 Verdict
onmynews.com

Aligarh Muslim University A Minority Institution? Supreme Court’s Key 4:3 Verdict

A seven-judge Constitution bench of the Supreme Court ruled 4:3 Friday to overturn a key 1967 judgement on the Aligarh Muslim University, which removed minority status, but left it to another (as yet unconstituted) bench to decide if the institution should be granted this again.

The bench, led by Chief Justice DY Chandrachud – who retires today – struck down an earlier ruling that said an institution incorporated by a statute could not claim minority status, but left the question as it pertains to AMU to be decided by a regular bench.

The three dissenting judges on the Constitution bench today were Justices Surya Kant, Dipankar Datta, and SC Sharma, while three others – Justices Sanjiv Khanna (who will be the next Chief Justice), JB Pardiwala, and Manoj Misra, as well as the outgoing Chief Justice, held the majority.

The bench had earlier reserved its verdict on February 1.

Read full article
In Baba Siddique Murder Case, Accused Reveals There Was Also “Plan B”
onmynews.com

In Baba Siddique Murder Case, Accused Reveals There Was Also “Plan B”

A 23-year-old man who was arrested for allegedly being part of the conspiracy to kill Baba Siddique has told the police that they also had “Plan B” as a backup to murder the NCP politician, sources told NDTV today. Mr Siddique, 66, was shot dead by three gunmen in Mumbai’s Bandra area on October 12.

Gaurav Vilas Apune, a resident of Karvenagar in Pune, was arrested on Wednesday, the 16th accused to be caught in connection with the high-profile Baba Siddique murder case.

He was in direct contact with wanted accused Shubham Lonkar and arrested accused Ram Kanoujia.

During interrogation, he told the police that in the backup plan, he was chosen as the shooter, sources said.

He along with Rupesh Mohol, an accused already arrested, went to Jharkhand and practised firing several rounds.

Both these accused were sent to Jharkhand by the mastermind, Shubham Lonkar, who also provided weapons to them.

According to Mumbai Police sources, Apune and Mohol went to Jharkhand on July 28 and practised firing for a day. They returned to Pune the next day and remained in touch with Lonkar.

Before going to Jharkhand, Apune told his family that he was going to Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain with friends.

The investigation has revealed that at least six shooters were hired to carry out the shooting if “Plan A” failed.

The arrested accused have said that Lonkar had assured them of Rs 25 lakh, a trip to Dubai, a flat, and a vehicle for killing the NCP leader.

Jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi’s younger brother Anmol Bishnoi, who is believed to be living in Canada, was allegedly behind the murder.

Last month, Anmol was added to the most-wanted list of the National Investigation Agency and a Rs 10 lakh reward was announced for his arrest.

His name has also cropped up in several other cases, including the murder of Punjabi singer-politician Sidhu Moosewala in 2022, and the firing outside actor Salman Khan’s residence in Mumbai in April.

Read full article
Link copied!