Live · Global · Independent
Live Feeds
PinkVilla
Forbes
NDTV
Hindustan Times
Days After Man’s Death, Video Shows Daughters Beating Him
onmynews.com

Days After Man’s Death, Video Shows Daughters Beating Him

Days after a man in Madhya Pradesh’s Morena was found hanging dead, a chilling video that shows his daughters assaulting him as his wife holds him down has emerged on social media. Police have said Harendra Maurya’s body has been sent for autopsy and the examination would reveal if he died by suicide or was murdered.

Harendra, an electrician, was the father of three daughters and a son. Neighbours and his relatives say he would often quarrel with his wife. On March 1, he hosted the wedding of his two daughters. Soon after the wedding, it is learnt, his wife said she wanted a separation and would shift to her father’s home. Upset with his, Harendra locked himself up in a room. When he did not step out, the family started looking for him and he was found hanging. Harendra was rushed to a hospital where he was declared dead.

Following his death, neighbors alleged that Harendra died by suicide due to frequent altercations at home. His in-laws, however, accused his father and brother of murdering him.

Amid these allegations, a shocking video has emerged on social media. The clip shows Harendra’s wife holding his legs as his daughters thrash him with a stick. He is seen screaming in pain. At one point, his young son tries to stop his sister, but she threatens to beat him up too. As he tries to break free, his wife holds him down again and the assault continues.

The viral video, which is dated February 1, has sparked a massive uproar with social media users demanding justice for the man.

Senior police officer Dipali Chandoriya said the body has been sent for autopsy to Gwalior Medical College and further action will be taken based on the report. “We got information that a man has died by suicide. A preliminary probe has pointed to family disputes. We have sent the body for post-mortem and we will probe all the facts that come to the fore,” she said. The officer said they have taken note of the video and that the autopsy will confirm the cause of death.

Helplines
Vandrevala Foundation for Mental Health 9999666555 or help@vandrevalafoundation.com
TISS iCall 022-25521111 (Monday-Saturday: 8 am to 10 pm)
(If you need support or know someone who does, please reach out to your nearest mental health specialist.)
Read full article
After Massive Cyberattack Hits X, Elon Musk Claims A Ukraine Link
onmynews.com

After Massive Cyberattack Hits X, Elon Musk Claims A Ukraine Link

Elon Musk has alleged that the massive cyberattack that targeted his social media platform, X (formerly Twitter), had digital traces originating from Ukraine. Mr Musk, in an interview with Fox News, said, “We’re not sure exactly what happened, but there was a massive cyberattack to try to bring down the X system with IP addresses originating in the Ukraine area.”

The attack, which began early Monday, led to widespread outages across Asia, Europe, and North America. According to Downdetector, a site that tracks service disruptions, users reported being unable to access X for extended periods.

This is not the first time the billionaire CEO of Tesla and SpaceX has blamed cyberattacks for issues on the platform. He previously attributed a similar outage to an attack last year, which coincided with a planned live-streamed interview with Donald Trump.

Mr Musk further amplified his claims by sharing a post from an X account named DogeDesigner, suggesting that the attack was part of a campaign against him. The post linked the cyberattack to recent protests against Mr Musk’s leadership of the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) and acts of vandalism against Tesla facilities.

Mr Musk speculated that the attack required “tremendous resources” and suggested it could be the work of a nation-state or a large, coordinated group.

During an interview with Fox Business, he elaborated, claiming that the computers involved in the attack had digital footprints linked to Ukraine. However, cybersecurity experts caution that attributing an attack based on IP addresses alone is unreliable, as attackers can easily mask their locations.

As X struggled to recover from the disruption, outage reports peaked at more than 40,000 users experiencing connectivity issues, according to tracking data. Many users found the platform intermittently inaccessible throughout the day.

Since Mr Musk’s $44 billion takeover of Twitter in 2022, the company has drastically reduced its workforce. Technical issues have become more frequent, and Musk’s reinstatement of previously banned accounts – including those spreading conspiracy theories – has drawn criticism from advocacy groups.

Read full article
Kurdish-led SDF agrees to integrate with Syrian government forces
onmynews.com

Kurdish-led SDF agrees to integrate with Syrian government forces

The militia alliance that controls much of north-eastern Syria will merge with new state institutions, the presidency says. 

​The militia alliance that controls much of north-eastern Syria will merge with new state institutions, the presidency says.  

Read full article
Link copied!