Live · Global · Independent
Live Feeds
PinkVilla
Forbes
NDTV
Hindustan Times
Eric Roberts Details How ‘Loss of Relationship’ with Daughter Emma Roberts Affected Him; ‘There’s Not a Pain, There’s…’
onmynews.com

Eric Roberts Details How ‘Loss of Relationship’ with Daughter Emma Roberts Affected Him; ‘There’s Not a Pain, There’s…’

Eric Roberts recalled going through the toughest time of his life. The Oscar-nominated actor reflected on his bond with his daughter, Emma Roberts, while also describing the loss of his relationship with the actress.

During his appearance on the Inside of You podcast with Michael Rosenbaum, Roberts talked about the tough chapter of his life by stating that he realized what he had lost after the birth of his grandchild, who looks exactly like the actress. 

Detailing the difficult phase of his life, Robert stated to the podcast host, “Probably the loss of relationship with my daughter.” He went on to add, “There’s not a pain; there’s a sadness for the most likely misunderstanding is what I’ll have forever because we’re human.”

Speaking about the reworking of his relationship with Emma Roberts, he said that it majorly took place after the birth of his granddaughter. He revealed to the podcaster, “I started accepting that about myself with the birth of my grandchildren.”

He went on to state, “Especially the five-year-old. She was first, and she was a girl, so very vulnerable to me, and took a liking to me at two, two-and-a-half, in a very strong way, and named my wife ‘Famma,’ and we’re all very close. So that, and she also looks like Emma. Same coloring. And so it reminds me of what I didn’t have.”

ALSO READ: Eric Roberts Comments On His Parenting Skills While Raising Daughter Emma Roberts in His Memoir; See Here

The actor previously shared the details of his relationship with his daughter in the latest memoir release, Runway Train: Or the Story of My Life so Far. While Roberts claimed to love his daughter with all that he has, the actor also shared that he has his own weaknesses.

The Hollywood star mentioned in his memoir that he couldn’t handle the pressure of being a father in Emma’s growing-up days. Now that the actress is a mother herself, he realizes what he missed in his life.

Roberts, further in his book, shared that after splitting up from Kelly Cunningham, The Dark Knight star did not even fight to seek the solo custody of his daughter. The excerpts from the memoir stated that the actor “never saw myself as someone who deserved to have physical custody of Emma, not in a million years.”

Previously in an episode of the podcast, Eric Roberts mentioned that he has been catching up with his daughter’s work and is immensely proud of her.

Emma Roberts last appeared in the Prime Video original film, Space Cadet.

ALSO READ: Eric Roberts Apologizes To Sister Julia Roberts In His New Memoir Runaway Train After Claiming He ‘Made Her Famous’

Read full article
5 Soldiers Injured In Terror Attack On Army Vehicle In J&K’s Gulmarg
onmynews.com

5 Soldiers Injured In Terror Attack On Army Vehicle In J&K’s Gulmarg

Terrorists attacked an Army vehicle in the Botapather area of North Kashmir’s Gulmarg, late Thursday, sources told NDTV. At least five soldiers have been injured.

The attack comes hours after a labourer was shot at and injured in Jammu and Kashmir’s Ganderbal district. The injured man was later identified as Pritam Singh, a resident of Uttar Pradesh.

The attack earlier today was the second in Ganderbal in the past 72 hours.

Three days earlier six construction workers and a doctor were killed after terrorists – at least two of them – attacked a housing camp for construction workers building a tunnel.

READ | 6 Workers, Doctor Killed In “Dastardly” Terror Attack In J&K

Those killed were identified as Dr Shahnawaz from Nayidgam Kashmir’s Budgam and Gurmeet Singh from Punjab’s Gurdaspur, while Mohammad Haneef, Faheem Nasir, and Kaleem were from Bihar.

The sixth and seventh were Madhya Pradesh’s Anil Shukla and Shashi Abrol from Jammu.

READ | On CCTV, 2 Terrorists Seen Entering J&K Camp Before Attack

The attackers left behind an INSAS rifle.

Omar Abdullah – the newly-elected Chief Minister – called it a “dastardly and cowardly attack on non-local labourers”. Mr Abdullah said, “They were working on a key infrastructure project. I strongly condemn this attack on unarmed innocent people and send my condolences to their loved ones.”

The Ganderbal attack was the worst on civilians in recent months, and took place just says after Mr Abdullah, whose party won the October 8 election, the first in a decade, took his oath of office.

A day after that attack a newly-formed terror group – called Tehreek Labaik Ya Muslim – was dismantled following raids across several districts of the former state.

READ | Major Anti-Terror Op In J&K, New Terror Group Dismantled

The raids were conducted in the districts of Srinagar, Ganderbal, Bandipora, Kulgam, Budgam, Anantnag, and Pulwama. According to the police, the primary objective was to neutralise a recruitment module within the TLM that was actively involved in recruiting young men into terrorist activities.

With input from agencies

NDTV is now available on WhatsApp channels. Click on the link to get all the latest updates from NDTV on your chat.

Read full article
How Khalistani Terrorists Influence Indian Students In Canada: Indian Envoy
onmynews.com

How Khalistani Terrorists Influence Indian Students In Canada: Indian Envoy

Indian students in Canada “should be aware of their surrounding” and resist radicalisation attempts by Khalistani terrorists and extremists, Sanjay Kumar Verma, India’s recalled High Commissioner told NDTV Thursday evening. Mr Verma urged the parents of students in Canada to “please talk to them regularly and try to understand” their situation, and to guide them away from unwise choices.

“At this time in Canada there is a threat from Khalistani terrorists and extremists to the larger Indian community… including students (of whom there were around 319,000 as of 2023),” he said.

“How this (Khalistani terrorists’ outreach to Indian students in Canada) works is… given the condition of that economy there are few jobs… so students are offered money and food, and this is how Khalistani terrorists and extremists influence them with nefarious plans” Mr Verma explained to NDTV.

Some students, he said, are also persuaded to take photographs or videos of themselves ‘protesting’ – shouting anti-India slogans or insulting the flag – outside Indian diplomatic buildings in Canada.

“Then they are told to go seek asylum… because their version will be, ‘If I go back to India now, I will be punished…’ and there have been cases of such students being given asylum,” he said.

There are, therefore, various kinds of negative influences acting on Indian students in Canada that are pushing them towards the wrong direction, Mr Verma told NDTV, as he appealed to parents.

Mr Verma’s comments come as the India-Canada diplomatic relationship spirals downward over repeated and unsubstantiated claims by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau – that “agents” of Delhi conspire with criminal gangs, including the Lawrence Bishnoi outfit, to “target (the) South Asians” in that country.

READ | “Bishnoi Gang Linked To Indian Govt Agents”: Canada Cops’ Claim

The row broke in September last year after Mr Trudeau claimed “credible allegations” the Indian government was involved in the killing of Khalistani leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar, a Canadian citizen.

Nijjar, branded a terrorist by the Indian government, was shot dead in Vancouver in June 2023.

India has emphatically junked links to his death, rubbishing them as “absurd” and “malicious” and pointing out, repeatedly, that neither Mr Trudeau nor his government have shared any hard evidence.

READ | “Preposterous Imputations”: Trudeau’s Escalation, India’s Strong Rebuttal

Last week India pointed to Mr Trudeau’s confession – before an inquiry commission in Ottawa – that he had no “hard evidentiary proof” when linking the Indian government to the Nijjar murder.

READ | “As We Said, No Evidence Whatsoever”: India On Trudeau’s Deposition

Mr Verma underlined that point to NDTV today, saying “not a shred of evidence” had been shared with him since his appointment as High Commissioner in Canada in September 2022. In fact, Mr Verma said it was India that had shared evidence of extremist groups in Canada, but “no action was taken…”

READ | “We Told Canada About Bishnoi-Brar Links”: Recalled Envoy To NDTV

The crisis that began last year exploded further this month after Canadian federal police linked the Bishnoi gang and identified Mr Verma – India’s senior-most serving diplomat – as a ‘person of interest’ in cases of “homicide, extortion, intimidation, and coercion”. Canada declared it would expel Mr Verma.

READ | Nijjar Killing, Bishnoi Gang, Trade Talks: How India-Canada Ties Soured

New Delhi, furious at Canada’s treatment of Mr Verma, instead recalled him and five of his staff, and retaliated by ejecting Canada’s acting High Commissioner, Stewart Wheeler, and his staff members.

Mr Verma was also made ‘persona non grata‘ – a diplomatic term meaning a ‘person who is no longer welcome’. He becomes the first Indian diplomat to have ever been treated as such.

NDTV is now available on WhatsApp channels. Click on the link to get all the latest updates from NDTV on your chat.

Read full article
Link copied!