Live · Global · Independent
Live Feeds
PinkVilla
Forbes
NDTV
Hindustan Times
Justin Timberlake’s Driving Privileges Revoked in New York After DWI Hearing? Find Out
onmynews.com

Justin Timberlake’s Driving Privileges Revoked in New York After DWI Hearing? Find Out

Amid a headlining concert tour in support of his latest release, singer Justin Timberlake found himself in a series of legal trouble as he landed in New York for a show. Now, as the singer attended the latest legal hearing for his case virtually, his driving privileges were revoked from the city of New York. 

Timberlake virtually appeared in court from Antwerp, Belgium, where he is currently on his ongoing tour. The Can’t Stop This Feeling singer sported a black collared shirt and only spoke twice during the hearing, both times to answer “yes” to the judge’s question. Sag Harbor Village Justice Carl Irace indefinitely suspended Timberlake’s license to drive in the city, and the latter’s lawyer, Edward Burke Jr., told reporters that the suspension is “standard with every DUI.”

The Friday hearing also featured Judge Irace criticizing Burke for irresponsible comments made to journalists outside the courtrooms. Asking him to “be more mindful when giving comments,” the Judge argued that Burke’s comments “come off as an attempt to poison the case before it even begins.”

Judge Irace then said that if this continues, he would impose a gag order on the attorney

This was in reference to Burke’s comments last week, where he told reporters that the police had made “a number of very significant errors”. Further attesting that Timberlake was intoxicated on that fateful night, Burke claimed that the megastar should not have been arrested for DWI (Driving while Intoxicated). 

Timberlake was pulled over by a police officer in the early hours of June 18 in Sag Harbor. As stated in the charging document, the singer-actor’s eyes were “bloodshot and glassy,” with a strong alcoholic odor from his breath. The police informed that Timberlake refused to take the breath analyzer test and also performed poorly on the sobriety test. His mugshot after the arrest went viral on social media, with people mentioning their own takes on the situation 

The next hearing for this case is scheduled for August 9. 

ALSO READ: Did Justin Timberlake’s Drinking Buddy Drive Back His Car After His DWI Arrest? Find Out

Read full article
Jennifer Lopez Drops Orchestral Version Of Her Hit Song By Bridgerton Composer 25 Years After Its Release
onmynews.com

Jennifer Lopez Drops Orchestral Version Of Her Hit Song By Bridgerton Composer 25 Years After Its Release

Bridgerton is known for its orchestral take on pop music. The popular Netflix drama has embedded covers of iconic pop artists’ hits so far, including Yellow by Coldplay, Cheap Thrills by Sia, Dynamite by BTS, Snow on the Beach by Taylor Swift and Lana Del Rey, Bad Guy by Billie Eilish, Ellie Goulding’s Lights, Imagine Dragons’ Thunder, Ariana Grande’s POV, and many more.

One of the composers of Bridgerton has recently given Jennifer Lopez’s music a Regency-era twist with a classical cover of her famous song Waiting for Tonight on its 25th anniversary of release.

Two weeks after her 55th birthday party, which was held on a Bridgerton theme such as ball gowns, an orchestra, and horse-drawn carriages, Archer Marsh (a season 3 music composer) released an orchestral interpretation of the dance-pop track from her debut album On The 6. Waiting for Tonight was released in 1999, quickly becoming JLo’s first song to top the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs chart in the US.

It became a major hit that earned nominations for two MTV Video Music Awards and won Best Dance Video. This song has been performed at Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve and the Billboard Music Awards among others.

On Friday evening, August 2nd, Marsh posted an Instagram reel showcasing his spin on the track. Jennifer later shared it on her stories, accompanied by a photo in which she looked royal in her Regency-era attire at her Hamptons birthday party held on July 20th. 

Marsh had earlier given hints concerning this release through behind-the-scenes snippets showing his band playing outside and inside professional recording studios.

During Lopez’s Bridgerton-themed birthday bash, she embraced her inner Lady Whistledown for the event. In her Instagram caption of the birthday party celebration video, the Atlas star wrote, “Dearest Gentle Reader… And a splendid evening was had by all.”

As per People magazine’s sources, her husband, Ben Affleck, with whom she is rumored to have marital disputes, was not present at the party. However, Lopez’s mother Guadalupe Rodríguez, and some of her close friends attended the Bridgerton-themed birthday bash.

ALSO READ: ‘The Graduation Was A Big Deal’: Source Says Jennifer Lopez And Ben Affleck Are Putting ‘Kids First’ Amid Alleged Marriage Troubles

Read full article
Mobile torches used for deliveries at health center in gloomy crisis
onmynews.com

Mobile torches used for deliveries at health center in gloomy crisis

The Bhopalpatnam community health center faced frequent power outages, compelling staff to use mobile torches for deliveries. Essential equipment, including generators, has been dysfunctional for two years, leading to vaccine spoilage and halted lab tests. Despite orders from the health minister and reports to higher authorities, the situation remains dire. New generators were ordered for installation.

Read full article
Link copied!